Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 1

I’m looking back on my blog, my “diet blog”, and I’m thinking, “Wow, I’ve been righting this for a month or more and I’ve yet to produce any real results for myself or any advice for my readers about weight loss.” Seriously, looking back on my posts I’m noticing that all I’ve done thus far is poke fun at myself for a chuckle or two and talk about how much I love food, how I suck at dieting and how I constantly give into my temptations like it’s my job. I’m not a genius on diet blogs, I just write one, but I’m pretty sure that I am SUPPOSED to be losing weight and tracking my weight loss success here for the world to see. But I’ve yet to lose any weight! In fact, up until now, I’ve yet to do anything fruitful except write about how I plan to lose the weight! Who wants to read a diet blog written by a woman who can’t diet!? I certainly wouldn’t!

So today I’m changing all of this. Today I’m getting back to the basics of why I wrote this blog. It wasn’t to make people laugh at my expense; it wasn’t to discuss delicious foods and how much I long to eat them (and usually do); it wasn’t about me fantasizing in detail about how I wish I were as skinny as Nicole Richie in her anorexic days! No, it was simply about blogging my journey of eating right and exercising to lose weight! It’s all about me losing weight! Today is day one of my journey; I’m starting fresh.
It’s time for me to blow the dust off my stove top and stock the fridge, I’m done F-ing around! From this point forward my world is going to be all about fish and chicken, veggies and rice cakes, nuts and tofu, protein shakes and herbals teas, intense cardio and colon cleanses! To show my dedication to this I am even going to post my current weight as grotesque as it is.

By July of this year I want to be 30 pounds lighter than I am now. By August, I want to be strutting on the beach in my bikini with confidence. By September I want to be completely comfortable in my new, lean body and understand that being fit requires a lifelong commitment. By this time next year I don’t even want to be thinking about weight. I want to free my mind from the anguish of persistently obsessing over what I look like everyday all the time. I. Need. This.

So, as promised...
Starting weight: 203

I will weight myself every Saturday and report back the expectantly declining numbers. I will never lie about my weight. Trust me, there's no point in hiding anything now. I'm as vulnerable as I'm ever going to be.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading about your journey Gina!!!

    But please tell me your joking about the colon cleanse? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can do it! You seem like you really want it this time... Not to discourage you from all the other times.. but you do seem like you want it bad this time! xoxox

    remember, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

    ReplyDelete